New Position! (posted March 2018)Graphics/Packaging Designer - San Diego
WowWee designs, develops, markets, and distributes innovative robotic toys and entertainment brands. Our astonishing imagination sets us apart. We are looking to leverage WowWee's recent success with Fingerlings to grow our US-based team for another Brand currently in development. Said Brand is growing fast and needs your help!
WowWee USA is looking for a creative individual to join our existing San Diego based team. This is an entry/mid-level position taking direction from existing Graphics Designers and Product Designers in San Diego, reporting to company management, and working directly with the CDO and Brand Manager.
Applicants should have a diverse portfolio demonstrating an ability to create logos, illustrations, banners, web graphics, social media graphics, package concept designs, die cuts & production ready materia
This is an out-and-out Graphic Design position, so your passion should be strongly centered in creating great designs for our retail packaging and social presence.
Toy industry experience is major plus.
- In conjunction with other members of the graphics team, create innovative and compelling logo and package design concepts, package illustrations and die cuts
- Create mockup packaging for early proof on concept
- Work with Brand and Digital Marketing managers to create web, social media and PR content for US and International use
- Work with our HK based production team to hand off concept designs ready to be converted to shelf ready packaging
- Take assets and input from a diverse international team and create compelling cohesive content
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic agile individual who wants to work in the deep end in a fast-paced environment.
Location: La Jolla, San Diego, CA
Skill set: Graphic design, Packaging design, Concept design, Illustration
Qualifications: BA/MA Graphic Design, Illustration, Concept Design
Salary: Negotiable dependent on skills/experience
Experience: 2-5 years minimum